Sunday, July 21, 2019


My Wedding

Recently Bill and I celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary. Of course, it brought back memories. Currently, we’re going through an extreme heat wave. We married on July 18 and it was a hot day like our current weather. My church didn’t have air-conditioning so the little fans in front of the stained-glass window opening tried to give us a little breeze. Then our ceremony was held up for a half hour because my mother-in-law was late. Eventually though we got through the ceremony and went back to my parent’s house for the reception. It was kind of chancy to have an outdoor reception, but our plan was in case of rain we would borrow a tent from the armory. We had enough of our Army Guard buddies at the wedding we thought there would be help. Things went well except for one incident that I didn’t know about for a year. When our first anniversary approached I asked about the tradition of eating a piece of wedding cake on that date. That’s when I learned that because my parents’ house wasn’t air-conditioned after we cut the cake the top layer slid off onto the floor. Proves there isn’t truth to superstition – Bill and I are still together 38 years later.

#Wedding, #52 Ancestors Wedding, #Moore, Arlene, #Baker, Arlene, #Baker, William

No comments:

Post a Comment